Apply by July 31st
Catholic Charities of North Louisiana is seeking a knowledgeable, and driven professional to serve as the Accounting Manager. Core strengths include: accounting reporting and control proficient, detail oriented, time efficient, effective communication, ethical, and adaptable.
Job Duties and Requirements:
• Assists in the design, revision and maintenance of the accounting system and procedures.
• Responsible for accurate allocation for all organizational expense transactions.
• Maintain accurate accounting records.
• Responsible for accurate financial reporting to Executive Director.
• Manage employee payroll and paid time off through APS.
• Responsible for monitoring effectiveness and cost of accounting operations; reviews, audits, and/or approves entries into the accounting records; and checks on all bank accounts in accordance with policies established; consults with Executive Director on matters such as changes in cost or revenue allocations, and requests for new program accounts.
• Responsible to maintaining account and processing payments for contractors.
• Responsible for preparing and processing W2s for organizational employees.
• Responsible for keeping detail records of financial information and following policies and procedures.
• Will maintain high levels of ethics and honesty.
• Responsible for coordination and supervision of all accounting and internal audit functions for cash receipts, accounts payable, and payroll to ensure that accounting records, financial statements and e-reports accurately reflect the financial status and operations of the organization.
• Works with Executive Director in the consolidation of annual budget and financial forecast data as received from all operation departments into unified reports in accordance with principles and format prescribed by management.
• Coordinates activities surrounding the annual audit, as well as the establishment of federal and state grant procedures and reporting routines.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Advanced skills in accounting and non-profit financial management.
• Advanced knowledge of accounting rules and reporting.
• Strong sense of ethics.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Strong sense of adaptability.
• Proficiency with QuickBooks, APS, ClickPay, Donor Perfect, MRS Connect, and Paypal
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Considered dependable and flexible.
• Possession of valid driver’s license and proof of current car insurance is required upon hire.
• Other duties needed as assigned by Executive Director.
•Experience with grants preferred.
•Experience working with non-profits.
Interested applicants should email a the resume below and cover letter (with desired compensation) to Meg Goorley at email@example.com by July 31st.